Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A PIECE O' ME MIND

A PIECE O' ME MIND

Me cousin Sean O'flerhity is Chieftan of our clan.
He speaks out with asperity,
and fears not any man.

And those that contradict a'tall he sets on their behind.
D'ya see?, sez he as his victims fall,
I give 'em a piece o' me mind!

But a different Sean I seen this day,
with puzzlement on his face.
Me b'y, sez he, I'm sad ta say
Ya find me in disgrace.

Flynn gave bad cess while passin' by,
as is his wont ta do,
and I set me tounge ta give reply
but niver a word came through.

The t'oughts got muddled in me pate,
it has me that perplexed.
From all that I can cogitate,
The wee folk have me hexed.

Now, I'm not one ta criticize, 
free speech comes dearly bought.
But, lookin' squareky in his eyes,
I offered Sean this thought:

Da ya think, sez I, just bein' kind.
the reason yer bereft,
Y'uve given so many a "piece o' yer mind
'til y'uve hardly any left!

Me cousin Sean O'flerhity
now is gentle as a pup.
He rewarded me temerity,
then he stooped, an' helped me up.


BILL WARREN

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2008

No comments: